Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bullied!

Today I was watched an episode of “Dancing With the Star” and celebrity Bethany Mota shared how she was bullied at twelve years old. In tears she expressed how she felt ugly and lost confidence in herself. I was so moved by her story because I was also bullied as a child and it is the worst feeling. I was constantly threatened and teased by one girl in particular. I was afraid to go to school from fear that this girl would kill me, mostly with her words. My mom tried to help me. We had conferences and parent meetings but it wouldn’t stop, my mom pulled me out of that school.

If your child is the subject of bullies as a parent you must step in to help. Being bullied takes away the joy of living and if children are living these experiences everyday then they are living in fear and horror. If you think it’s not that serious then think again because it can be. Bethany Mota shared how she used Youtube to help her overcome her feeling of self -doubt. Please don’t ignore this issue if it is happening in your home. Get your child help and help find an outlet to help build them back up. Bulling is an ugly reality that we all may face in our lives but if you are able to put a stop to it then do it. 


Thanks Bethany Mota for sharing your story of resilience and survival!


No comments:

Post a Comment