Sometimes it's inappropriately towards another student while other times it uncontrollable yelling or shouting out in the middle of lessons. This disruptive behavior is not normal and many times i'm left bewildered as to how to deal with these students.
I read an article that explains how some schools are teaching Emotional Intelligence to combat these burst of emotions. I believe in teaching holistically and often times this component is missing. If we teach our children to understand their emotions and how to control them it will have a positive impact on them academically.
With all that teachers are doing everyday to infuse learning into our students it's difficult to even fathom adding to the many duties that we serve up daily. But I think this is something that can be added as a special or even after school. But I think it would be vital to students as a whole.
Just a thought!
Felecia Tucker M.Ed
https://www.facebook.com/authorfelecialtucker
Image taken from the following sites: http://www.theblackhomeschool.com

No comments:
Post a Comment