Friday, May 19, 2017

Tales of a Fifth Grader - Boogers

I teach fifth grade, it is something that I enjoy and look forward to ALMOST everyday. My students are from many backgrounds and cultures and they all make me smile, cry, and wonder. My students compel me to be a better person.



I see everything and I mean everything, students have no shame. During a test today Chad (names have been changed to protect) boldly turns around and opens his book bag. He looked in it as if he was reading something. When I stood up and walked over to him, he looked up at me stupidly and said Whaaaaat??. I took his bag away from him (he was attempting to cheat). During this same test Leo stared at me for almost the entire test. I mean he made me nervous. I even took out my mirror to make sure everything was alright, you know a boogeyman  or booger on my nose or food on my mouth. What was up with him! I kept asking myself. I finally asked if he was OK and his response was "yeah." I was soon distracted by Amy who comes up to ask to go to the bathroom. This girl always has a very, very large dry boogeyman in her nose. I tell her everyday to check her nose, I've even pulled out a mirror for her so that she can see it herself, I've even said you have something in your nose but she still has one daily. If you have any suggestions on how to permanently address boogeyman's I would love to hear about it. I didn't tell her today I just pointed to her nose to suggest wiping it (she didn't get it).


                 Can I get a tissue Please!!!




Felecia Tucker M.Ed
https://www.facebook.com/authorfelecialtucker
Image taken from the following sites: Cartoon Link



No comments:

Post a Comment