Top 3 time wasters
1. Procrastination
For some waiting until the last minute is a way of life. For some this causes undo stress and anxiety, imagine doing this consistently. This type of behavior will eventually effect your overall health. On the other hand procrastination could be a sign. Thinking about and asking yourself "why am I procrastinating?" Maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. When I procrastinate I find two possible reasons, i'm either tired or I don't like doing the thing I'm taking forever to do.
2. Trouble saying no
For this one it really depends on the person asking. If it is one of my loved ones I tend to say yes most of the time, even when I'm inconvenienced. Many times they don't even see that they have added stress to my life. At the end of the day I must evaluate the situation and at the very least say "let me think about it."
3. Mind clutter
This particular time waster is a big one for me. If I have a lot that needs to be done and I don't write them down then I stress myself out and will not do anything. I keep churning the task in my mind and my focus remains on the amount that needs to be done. What I've learned from experience is to dump everything. I make list or fill up my calendar, it doesn't matter where but I need to get every thought, idea, or task out of my mind. If I see the list then I can prioritize and tackle it. This has been a life saver for me so many times.
Top 3 time savers
1. Creating list
Creating list has helped me put my life into perspective and successfully complete task. I've even gone as far as to put things on my calendar and put dates and times of when they should be completed. I usually do this during certain times of the year when life gets busy. Even at work this works for me, it helps manage time and check off my to do list.
2. Getting organized
Being organized is one of the first steps to controlling and managing life. When my house, purse, car, and finances are in order I just feel better as a person. I am able to have more time for myself and have a more balanced life. I love that feeling so much that taking the extra steps to put things away or doing a little everyday to keep things tidy is worth the effort.
3. Planning ahead
Another area that I have wrestled with in the past is planning. Now planning is essential to my daily life. This sort of goes along with organizing and creating list. If I know that something is coming up I will begin to put things together way in advance. A great example, preparing for an upcoming trip. Start putting your suitcase together a few weeks ahead of time to avoid rushing and possibly forgetting something important. Planning is another way to avoid undo stress. Every new year I plan my year, things I would like to accomplish. I evaluate my list and plan how I will execute my goals. This is big for me because I feel like I'm in control of my destiny. Alan Lakin a famous author on personal time management says, "Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now."
How do you take control of your life? I've learned how valuable time is and I intend to be in control. Hopefully, you have your own time management system that has helped you be successful. I am by no means a professional time manager but everyday I am learning. Lakin says, "Time = Life, Therefore, waste your time and waste your life, or master your time and master your life."
Felecia Tucker M.Ed
https://www.facebook.com/authorfelecialtucker
Photo by: atlantablackstar.com, in-dependent.org, goodtherapy.org
Photo by: atlantablackstar.com, in-dependent.org, goodtherapy.org



No comments:
Post a Comment